Patients: Troubleshoot Your Garmin Wearable (iOS)
This article can be used to troubleshoot Garmin Wearables. The steps listed below will guide you through the process, however, the images are just for reference.
Important: Height and weight values must be entered on the Garmin Wearable to be able to pair with the "CareSimple" app. If you do not have a height and weight entered, please enter those values and try to pair your device again. If this is not the case, please follow the below steps:
1. Open the "CareSimple" app on your phone or tablet and go to the "Settings" page.
2. Click on "Connected Health" and check if your ACCU-CHEK Guide Glucometer is listed under "CONNECTED".
3. If it is, select it and press "Unpair". Regardless, go to your phone's "Bluetooth" settings and check if the device is listed under "MY DEVICES".
4. Click on the info icon highlighted below and press "Forget This Device". Press "Forget Device" to confirm.
5. Now, on your Garmin Wearable you must do a factory reset. A factory reset ensures your device is not paired to the app. Any data already synced to the app will stay in the app. To reset your Garmin Wearable, please follow the below illustrations. First, press and hold the button on the wearable until you see "About". Let go of the button once you see "About" and you will see a screen with several numbers.
6. Press and hold the button until you see a a triangle. The wearable will display "DEMO" and flash before it displays the triangle. Once the triangle appears, let go and wait until an exclamation marks appears indicating the factory reset is complete.
7. Try to repair your device on the app under "Connected Health".